I'm hitting my mid-semester slump, but with Spring break only a week away, and some midterms this week, I think I'll make it out okay.
I'm expecting some papers this week from the credit card company (formal affidavit stuff) regarding the credit fraud. This has taken a bit more time than I thought it would, but no step was particularly complicated. I hope to be done with this soon.
HULA 2008 ended with a loss for me. We made the finals, but I lost a long and difficult match against a good player. We're still waiting on the rest of the matches to determine whether it will be a team win or loss.
I have been reading "Backgammon Boot Camp" just before bed at night, but I've reached the point where I need to have a little more mental energy to follow what's going on. There are a lot of calculations related to the doubling cube which I cannot do very effectively (or remember) when it goes into my head at 12:30 AM. I'm definitely getting better, but this is a game in which experience plays a huge role, and it just takes time to play several hundred games and then lea5rn how to analyze what is going on.
If everyone is able to make the trips to Vegas that they're considering, I will have guests here for 3 weekends in a row. I look forward to it. I do need to clean up a little bit, but there will be plenty of time for that. I got a local guidebook to look up some of the outdoor hiking-type activities that there are to do around here. This is the time of year when it's not so hot that going out on a hike is a miserable death march.
The InterVarsity small group has sustained the growth it has experienced this semester, and we've had consistently strong attendance (6) for 4-5 weeks now. Everyone is also very open to sharing what is meaningful and relevant to their lives, asking tough questions and honestly seeking answers. It's feels very much like "the harvest is plentiful but the workers are few" as I suddenly get the sense that the spiritual conversation that I thought didn't really exist is actually there.
I've been watching the developments in the Florida and Michigan rejected primaries. I believe it was Governor Crist who said that the votes should count because "that's the American way." My immediate reaction to that was "Break the rules; get what you want. That's the American way." And suddenly it all made sense again.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Spring break is not too far away
Labels:
Backgammon,
Credit,
Desert,
Friends,
HULA 3 (2008),
InterVarsity,
Politics,
Random