Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Stuff goes on

I haven't posted for a while because I've been quite busy with stuff. What sorts of stuff? All sorts of stuff.

Keri and Mike were in town a couple weekends ago. We went to a Lance Burton magic show, which was quite good. I don't even know when the last time I went to a live show was. We also hit up the Wynn buffet which was quite good in some areas, but quite disappointing in others. For example, they had a tasty buffalo tri-tip (?) salad and a braised rabbit salad. The prime rib was a standard-tasty as well. But the fresh fruit section was quite limited and some of the chicken dishes were dry and disappointing.

I don't really remember much from last week. I'm sure I taught class and all that normal stuff, but I just have no specific memory of anything interesting happening.

Then this past weekend, Betsy was in town. We went around to the outdoor part of Las Vegas (Red Rock Canyon, Valley of Fire, Lake Mead) as well as some strip things (some gambling, Emeril's, Aquarium at Mandalay Bay). I might post some pictures later after I steal them from her when she posts them.

I found out last night that my parents were thinking of coming out here around my birthday, and I found out this morning that they found some cheap tickets on Southwest and so that they definitely are coming out here. That would make 4 out of 5 weekends with visitors. Maybe that has something to do with me being a bit more tired than I normally am.

And I found out this afternoon after I was done teaching at Agassi Prep that I ran over a nail or something. I spent some time trying to fix it myself (with some help from a random guy who was there), but after we both had trouble loosening the nuts, I just called AAA. This put a damper on my day as I didn't have the chance to get some things done that I wanted to, plus it just added to my general fatigue.