On Tuesday night, I played backgammon (as usual). I had a 7 AM flight for home the next morning, so I figured that this would be my night to last a long time. I missed the first field of 16 by perhaps 5 minutes, so I was put into a field of 8. I didn't have to wait long to start my first match, but every match after that (yes, I won that first match) involved waiting at least 30-45 minutes. I made it to the finals where I lost in a close race with the cube cranked up to 4 (my opponent made an error with his initial double). I didn't get home until past 11, which meant I had much less sleep than I wanted going out the next morning.
I left my apartment at about 5:30, giving myself plenty of time to park and get to the gates, even with an expected bit of early holiday rush. As I was pulling up to the economy lot, I noticed a sign that was brand new: "ROAD CLOSED." Looking beyond the sign, I noticed that the entire parking lot seemed to be torn up a bit and it didn't look the way it looked a few months ago when I parked there last. A little disturbed by this (with the clock ticking), I decided to drive out to the overflow lot. It was too early for overflow to begin, so that didn't work, either. Finally, I decided to bite the bullet and just park in the main (expensive) lot, which is nearly twice as expensive as the economy lot ($14/day instead of $8/day). The timing worked out just fine, and I now know where the new economy lot is located.
I played basketball with Kevin on Wednesday night. I could feel my feet getting to the early stages of blistering after only an hour or so, which made me a bit disappointed that I don't play more basketball.
Thursday dinner was held at my parents' place with my mom's side of the family. Nothing special this year. No fancy smoking trash can or anything like that. I helped my mom brine the turkey, but she decided that she wanted to bake it in a bag (ie, steam it), but that's her choice. I mostly stayed out of the kitchen this year, and let my mom do it her way. I helped out with a little carving at the end, but that's about it.
Friday dinner was with my dad's side of the family. It was prime rib, which is a nice balancing meat product given the turkey on the previous night.
That's the Thanksgiving weekend in a nutshell. Nothing particularly special happened, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't a good time.