Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow Day in Vegas!

After my last post muttering about snow on the other side of town, tonight it's snowing on this side of town. I was on campus to do some work and enjoy a faculty/staff potluck, and there was about 2.5" of snow on my car when I left. I took a couple cell phone pictures, but I'm not sure how to send them to myself via email so they're stuck there for now. The snow is expected to continue until early tomorrow morning.

I was intending to drive across town to play games with Daniel tonight, but I'm staying home instead. There are too many crazy drivers who don't know how to drive in the snow. As nice as it is to see the snow and to enjoy watching it fall in a place where it's not supposed to fall, it's not much fun to drive in it. It's slow and I have less trust for Vegas drivers than I normally do.

Here's the picture that went up on our school's webpage:



This just in: Clark County School District has declared tomorrow a snow day. I don't work CCSD, and I won't know whether my campus will be open until tomorrow.

I didn't take this picture, but I like it.