2007 came to a nice close. I got to meet up with Kristen again for dinner and a beer (well, she had a beer). Continued prayers are in order for her dissertation. Progress isn't happening in the quantities one would hope for. I think my dissertation struggles were slightly different. I had extended periods of being completely lost ("floundering" as my advisor put it). Her problems seem more structural and voluminous. I also got to have breakfast with an old friend from high school, and she caught me up on the latest news from the Livermore folk. Apparently, the plans are in the works for the 10th year reunion, which I hope I'll be able to attend. Various people are still dating, married, or divorced. She's doing well, too, with a house in Menlo Park (near Stanford) and meeting all sorts of interesting people.
We had our annual Christmas celebration with my dad's side of the family on New Years' Eve this year, as this was the only time that worked with everyone (except Corwin, due to poor communication). But it was good to have all the family together. Good food and Guitar Hero 3 is an excellent combination (even though we couldn't get past a couple songs on Hard).
I've never really been into resolutions. This year is no different. I haven't resolved to do anything, and I think it's going to stay that way.
I've got a quick couple days here before I head off to San Diego for a week for a math conference and hanging out with friends out there. I need to look into a new computer. I got a strong hint from my current when it told me that the CPU battery is getting low. Yes, I know it's a 2-minute fix that costs about a dollar, but I'm ready for a new computer anyway. I'm going to spend some time looking at Dell's webpage tomorrow and coming to some final decisions on the specs.