Nothing eventful happened in Livermore, but that's to be expected. I got my mom interested in the Wii game called "Rayman: Raving Rabbids" which was quite entertaining. She doesn't play video games, so her hand-eye coordination and general video game intuition are very poor. But she seemed to enjoy swinging her arms around wildly trying to make the machine to what she wants it to do, and it was fun to watch.
The drive down to San Diego went through Santa Barbara, where I met with Kevin for dinner at this nice little sushi place. Apparently, the chef there left a trendy/fancy sushi bar to start his own little restaurant, which has been doing well enough for him to expand. It was nice because he offered an interesting array of sushi beyond the usual stuff. There was a tempura-fried soft-shell crab roll with a dill and jalapeno sauce that was the best one of the evening. There were other things, like yellow-tail belly (fattier and softer texture relative to the regular yellow-tail) and I think the Japanese mackerel was a very firm-fleshed fish that made for another interesting taste/texture combination.
I arrived in San Diego a couple hours earlier than I anticipated, due to the very smooth traffic all the way down.
Tuesday night was spent with Betsy. We had dinner and caught up with each other. She was still decompressing from her very stressful last couple months, which included things like having her cat fall off of her second level banister and taking the GMAT. Her cat is now doing much better (she still has a noticable limp, but the scary part of the healing is past) and she did very well on her test, so that she is free to explore MBA programs and consider herself to be competitive for wherever she wants to go.
Last night was spent at Chad and Karen's new place. They very recently moved from their old apartment to a Mesa apartment in anticipation of the arrival of their first baby. It's getting close to that time, and they're still in the unpacking/figuring out where everything should go phase of moving. The feastly dinner was shared with Andre, Kristen, and Betsy, and we sat around and talked for quite a while about all sorts of miscellaneous things.
Tonight, the plan is to stop by GCF and hopefully see a few more people that I haven't seen in about a year. Then I leave tomorrow for the hotel that we're staying at before the wedding on Saturday. I will then drive back to Vegas on Sunday and try to get myself ready for the new school year. Things are going to be happening pretty fast by then with the new building and everything, but I'll worry about that in a few days when it matters.