With only a week a half to go, my summer session is closing up rapidly. These 6 weeks have flown by, leaving a number of students in the dust. But I warned them about it. On day 1, I told them that they were crazy for taking this accelerated class, and doubly crazy if they were taking something else at the same time. One of the key components to learning math is spending time with the subject and giving it time to sink in, which are two luxuries not offered to summer session students.
I got a response from Experian again telling me that they've deleted a couple more fraudulent credit cards from my report. Maybe now I can actually get that Costco American Express card that I actually want. I don't really like using my ATM card at the pump because I have to use my PIN. Having to pay cash at Costco is also a little bit annoying because I have come close to being short on cash by a tiny amount (once I was within $1 of my cash on hand), and that's something I don't really want to have happen.
Kevin came out here this last week for his interview with MGM. He won't know for another week or two about whether he gets the job, and I suppose that I expect to get a call (as one of his references) before they give him the offer, so it's just a waiting game now.
I'm starting to plan my CA trip, and it's looking something like July 21st or 22nd through August 3rd or 4th. It will go north to south, so that I finish with the short drive from southern CA to Henderson as opposed to the long drive from Livermore to Henderson. I hope gas prices have had a chance to go down before that trip happens.
I'm now scheduled to play a regular match of backgammon against Jason, and he was kind enough to record and analyze our last match. There's a program (GNU Backgammon) that does a lot of numerical analysis, and he adds a few comments to clarify why some of the numbers came out the way that they did. I've also started a little notebook where I write down things that I need to remember. I might play in the tournament in November, especially if I continue to play and study.