Sunday, June 8, 2008

World Series of Poker (after)

I do not have a big winning story to share. I went out in about 4 hours or so, which was right about the time that the first big batch of players disappears. I couldn't get enough of a stack going in the early stages, so I ended up being one of the players who dropped during that phase. Overall, it was a fun tournament and I would do it again. Next time, I hope I get a better table. It turns out that the guy to my left was a strong player I know from twoplustwo (though I didn't know until after the tournament was over), there was a 10/20 no-limit regular and another regular mid-high stakes player to my right.

But that's over and life goes on. My class has a midterm tomorrow, and I need to spend time getting some notes ready for Wednesday and Friday since Kevin will be here Tuesday through Thursday. He's interviewing for a job with MGM doing sales analysis.

I was not accepted to Project NExT, but since it's a highly competitive program, this doesn't bother me too much. This frees me up to attend my cousin's wedding in August. This also affects the timing of my planned California trip. I hope to get to both northern and southern California, and I should be able to pull it off.