Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Two more classes

I'm two classes away from being done with my first full academic year. It's an exciting time, I think. I've already got plans to start organizing some stuff for the upcoming year (going to campus twice a week to type up some notes and deal with some other things -- like playing backgammon against Jason), but it will still be an official vacation. I plan to go back to playing at the Mirage semi-regularly (maybe 3 times a week). I also want to play more online poker and try to tighten up my game a little bit.

I just walked out to the mailbox and back. I was thinking to myself, "it's kind of nice today." Then I got back in and checked out the temperature. It's 100 degrees according to my thermometer in the shade. Google says it's 108 degrees. Is it a bad sign if I think that this qualifies as "kind of nice"?

I don't know if I mentioned this already, but I've fixed my credit report again. It mattered because I was trying to get a American Express card from Costco because I don't want to keep using my ATM card to get gas. I got denied the first time, which prompted me to look up the credit report again and discover the problem. But it's all fixed again, and my pile of documents got a little thicker.

Political chatter has started to get kind of interesting. I am pro-McCain because I don't find Obama's positions to be believable or trustworthy. It seems like he's just saying nice rhetoric but with little substance. I don't really mind if his positions shift around a little bit (after all, there will always be some shifting), but the reasoning he gives just doesn't really make sense. (Examples: His defense of his pastor, followed by dumping him; his promise to take public financing, followed by going against that promise). To me, he's just another politician playing politics, not the trans-racial bi-partisan agent-of-change that a lot of other people seem to believe he is. Once you take away the glowing descriptors of his campaign, there's not a lot of substance for me to vote for.