I'd post pictures, but my digital camera has been out of commission for a while and I haven't bought a new one to replace it.
The first comment by a lot of people when they walk in: "There's a lot of wood in here." I think we have between 40 and 50 linear feet of shelf space, plus a bunch of drawers and cabinets in which to store our stuff. It was a request that we have plenty of shelf space for books and whatever (especially by the humanities faculty, who have many many more books than we do). I usually don't get aesthetics, so to me it looks fine.
I had a good meeting with Jack and Spencer getting ready for the new academic year. We started to lay out some goals and tried to get some concrete ideas flowing. We're meeting again on Monday after we've had some time to sort things out. One thing that I'm looking forward to doing is a weekly games session sponsored through the math department. This is actually an idea that was floated around a little last year between me and Jason, and it looks like something that we still want to do. I'm going to try to move on it over the next week, doing things like reserving the room and figuring out how to advertise it. Jack may also be doing a weekly movie thing, which might be in conjunction with a class he's taking, or might just be movies because it's fun to watch movies. We'll have to see if he can find classroom space for it.
Other than that, this week has been a slow transition back into work. I got some course webpage stuff worked out and the pacing of the courses (though I just discovered that one day of class will be canceled, so I need to adjust that next week).