Saturday, July 14, 2007

End of week 1

It's Saturday noonish and I'm just sitting around the apartment waiting for my parents to show up (probably 2-ish). My first week in Henderson is coming to a close, and I'm feeling very positive about the whole thing so far.

Playing poker at the Wynn last night and winning lots of money adds to the positive feeling. I met with a guy named Tyler last night, who posts at 2+2. I didn't play with him, but he sweated me for a little while before playing in his own game. We also wandered around the Wynn for 45 minutes or so afterward and talked poker. We also got accosted by some security people who didn't like us wandering around near the ballroom so late at night.

But even in general, I like it here. It's a little hot, but I feel like it's a tolerable thing. My apartment location is very nice, being within a few miles of almost everything (three walmarts, a Home Depot, a Lowe's, Wells Fargo bank, two Food-4-Less-es, two Sonics, Trader Joe's, and a bunch of other things that I probably haven't discovered yet).

Anyway, enough typing for now. I think I'll do some reading.